This week I wanted to do a fun and exciting post to help you prioritse your self-love and self-care this week. With the year anniversary of lockdown upon us now and hopefully the end in sight too as restrictions start to lift once again. I thought this was an important topic to focus on as the warmer season approaches and we want to naturally get out more and do more once again. So this week I wanted to create a fun challenge for you to try that will help you raise your self-love and self-care game this week!
What’s The Difference?
First of all, let’s talk about the differences between self-love and self-care as sometimes people don’t know the difference or think they’re the same. Self-love is the 1-to-1 relationship you have with yourself, it’s how you view yourself in the mirror and how you communicate with yourself. Self-care is the physical implementation of self-love where you take actions to embody self-love for example – eating well, exercising, doing a face mask, or relaxing with a good book. So today I want you to first of all check-in with your self-love score (check back in with this in a week’s time to see how much it’s improved since trying this checklist). On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest) where would you rate your self-love score today?
3-Step Self-Care Checklist
Next up it’s your self-care checklist – a few years ago I created my own 3-step self-care routine which works time and time again for myself and my clients. So make sure each week but especially this week as part of the challenge you tick all 3 steps off your checklist!
- Do something by yourself for yourself – examples; reading, listening to a self-help podcast, skincare routine, face mask, journaling, etc)
- Treat yo’ self this week – this is not about how much money you can spend this is all about how that product or service will make you feel. Choose something that will bring you joy and happiness, it’s also important to consciously know you are treating yourself as part of your self-care routine and not just buying another thing. This is also a great way to manifest more money too!)
- Do something social for self-care – At least once this week make sure you do something with your loved ones to celebrate self-care this could be a Zoom catch up and quiz or a socially distanced walk with your friends. As the restrictions lift this step should become much easier!
“Self-love is the 1-to-1 relationship you have with yourself, it’s how you view yourself in the mirror and how you communicate with yourself. Self-care is the physical implementation of self-love where you take actions to embody self-love.”
Finally, we want to do some fun activities for self-love also this week. So incorporate these into your daily practice over the next 7-days along with anything else you feel called to!
- Affirmations – I want you to create your own self-love affirmation to repeat in the mirror once a day for the next week. What area would you like to feel more self-love in? You can be creative and write your own or have a look online for some suggestions. Make sure to read it out in the mirror over the next 7 days (21 days ideally) and notice how your relationship with yourself blossoms.
- Mirror Work – Following on from the above step I want you to also once a day say ‘(Your Name) I really really love you’ whilst looking into your eyes in the mirror. This may feel uncomfortable at first but work with me, stick to this over the next 7 days (21 days ideally) and notice how your relationship with yourself blossoms even further.
- Schedule You Time – If you struggle to make time for yourself or even to complete these checklists a great act of self-love is to make the time! Whether it’s an afternoon or an evening schedule out ‘Emma time’ for example and give yourself the energy and time to do all the things you deserve and love this week.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post and it’s given you some great tips and tools to help you prioritise your self-love and self-care this week. Please do keep me updated on how you get on with this! If you’d like to say YASS to something fun and new this week my 5-day FREE Creative Manifesting with Your Inner Child challenge is starting on the 29th of March! Join me from the 29th March – 2nd April to take this work even deeper with daily challenges, tools, and meditations you can keep designed to help you create abundance with your Inner Child! You can find out more information and join the FREE challenge here. As always please do let me know your thoughts on this blog post in the comments section down below. I hope you have a positive and abundant week whatever you’re up to. I’m sending you all lots of love xx